cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring the transaction MB21

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using transaction code MB21 you are a.o prompted to insert the movement type - ie. 201 for goods issue for cost center.

You may also use the menu bar, where you select Movement Type => ie. Consumption => Cost center. This results in the insertion of same movement type as described above.

If you have configured your own movement types you may like to configure the menu bar so it is selecting these own configured movement types instead of the standard movement types provided in the standard SAP system.

If anyone has a clue on how to make this configuration, please do not hesitate to respond.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Peter,

You can certainly configure the new movement type. Its done in OMJJ.

But SAp brings a whole lot of movement types which are sufficient enough in mapping all kind of scenarios. So rarely a situation arises wherein the new Mvt type is to be configured.

So u can always select the concerned movement type from the drop down to carry out the respective transaction.

Hope this suffices.

Regards,

Prasanna

Award if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was not looking for how to set-up movement types, but rather as described how to make the system propose my own configured movement types in stead of the standard ones provided by SAP.

In the transaction MB21 You can go to the Menu bar => choose Movement type => choose consumption => choose for Cost Center. Doing that will give you the movement type 201.

I'd rather have my own movement type suggested when following this procedure - eg Z01