cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transport order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what is the advantage of stock transport order with delivery(Sd route) and billing over STO without delivery(Only MM route).

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Actually I have to decide between the the two in my project.

I have to Transfer material from head office to different sites located at different places.Material transfer is mainly the machinery parts.

So can you please suggest the best option and the reason hereforth.

Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

CASE 1 :

if the machine parts are heavy ( ie need many packing materials, and shipping from shipping point ) , then go for SD delivery. better to discuss with SD guy and core team .

CASE 2:

if want to make simple like material issued in head office and and received at other sites ,then use STO with MM

regards

venga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The advantages of using STO with delivery is it will have more control on the Process

STO without delivery is an easy process & it will reduce the Complexity involved in the Logistics activity.

Which to use is as per you requiremnt . whether you want to have abetter visibility of the Process , whether the Delivery process is required or not based on business process needas to be verified before chosing the Solution.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what is the bussiness benefit of STO with delivery.

Replenishment delivery shipment creation,transfer order or billing will have what bussiness process benefit.

Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

In realtime the usage of 351 type( w/o delivery) is minimal and you need to create these documents as all these and the process flow from one functionality to the other is necessary and demanding in this business scenario...

Reg,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

With SD delivery we can moniter the moments of goods while picking and packing ( we can attach packing material used)and also we can attach the handling units and shipment point .

regards

venga

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi priyanka.

you got me wrong . I am not asking difference between STO and Stock transafer.

I am asking about STO with delivery and STO without delivery.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

THink you are asking abou 351/101 and 647/101.

If you opt to go for SD delivery a replenishment delivery is possible and the shipment creation,transfer order creation are possible...

Reg,

Deepak.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

sorry for last post....

Stock transfer with reference to an STO in the receiving plant without SD:

■ 2 Steps - 351 and 101

■ 2 Steps reversal u2013 102 and 352

○ Stock transfer with reference to an STO in the receiving plant with SD delivery

■ 2 Steps u2013 641 and 101

■ 2 Steps reversal u2013 102 and 642

■ 1 Step u2013 647

■ 1 Step reversal u2013 648

all r different possibities with n without delievery...ie. you can go on with once step also if you go for with delivery....

hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

Edited by: Priyanka Paltanwale on Sep 26, 2008 8:57 AM