cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM workflow processes without EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to implement HCM workflow processes without EP. As client does not have license to use EP, is it possible to implement this only in R/3 Application?

I came to know that it is possible through PCR but anyone have any documents on this.

Kindly assist.

Regards

Manas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas.

Yes, you can implement HCM P&Fs without using the Portal. It would be considered an Offline scenario and would require some custom functions to export and load the data. But you do lose some of the great features of being online like validations and such. Not sure why everyone was so focused on workflow during this string but I hope this helps.

We have customers who have managers that are not users of ERP. So they make their requests offline and then the forms loaded into the ERP and the Workflow is triggered to route for approval and eventually the data is loaded in the backend.

Thanks,

Derrick Banks

Banks & Company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can very well do the Hire, Rehire all these activities

Wihout using internet.

I belive you got some standard workflows for this kind of activities please chek

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user want to initiate forms for different processes like hire, rehire, change in position and it will go for approval for different stages.

So kindly let me know whether this interface is possible only through R/3 without internet intraction.

Regards

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manas,

You can create forms using SMARTFORMS transaction and integrate into workflows. No Internet needed!

Dilek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

All these kind of approvals can be handeled by workflow w/o internet. In workflow something like a work item is created for the approval and it will be sent to the concerned person(approver) in his SAP Inbox. He can select to approve, reject or modify.A form can also be attached to this work item.

Alll these activities can happen only in R/3 w/o internet connection.

rgds....Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Workflow yoiu can do with in R/3 also.

Please tell me whcih activity you want to do workflow

It is not necessary that you will must use PCR for workflow based on your business process you may need to use PCR.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilek,

I went through the links, but it says the web form integrations and ITS.

Can you send me something other than internet.

Regards

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilek,

Thank you for your reply. The workflow we can use for approval steps. But I am worried about the front-end forms. We can not use EP as front end. So how can we do this only in R/3 for the form content.

Kindly send some supporting links or docus if possible.

Thanks & Regards

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fb/135962457311d189440000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

You can develop any kind of front-end form using Smartforms and integrate into you workflow.

For form development refer to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a6/68063a5a636405e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Dilek

Edited by: Dilek Ersoz on Sep 26, 2008 9:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

You can use Business Workflow in R/3.

It is accessible thru SAP Easy Acces Menu : Tools -> Business Workflow -> Development.

This is a perfect tool if all of your workflows are to be carried out in R/3 system.

Regards,

Dilek