cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand-alone SRM Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a request to implement a procurement system where there's no SAP backend at all.

I was going to suggest SRM in a standalone scenario. But I have just found out that even in a standalone scenario SRM needs an SAP FI backend.

Am I right in this opinion. Can any one suggest if we can have a legacy FI system?

Need a quick response!

Regards

Amitabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amith,

Yes even in stand-alone scenario, FI processing still happens in backend (it need not be SAP ERP but it can be any other FI systems also).

Rgds,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean I can configure a legacy FI system as well? Please confirm.

Regards

Amitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amitabh,

Yes, you can integrate with a legacy (even non-SAP) FI application.

SRM is designed to integrate with SAP FI as standard, so if you're integrating with a non-SAP FI system, it's unlikely to be solely a config task though, you would probably need to do some customisation of the interface, either on SRM or on the target FI application.

FYI, you can still process invoices in SRM, but you would need a backend of some kind or another to make the financial postings in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is if srm can install in stand alone system...Why we need back-end system. I want to capture any non supported or back-end data in to excel sheet or any other format... Which can be read and understand what happened?

Regards,

jai