Petty Cash Account
One of our customer is having 12 branches and wants to maintain 12 petty cash accounts. how to restrict the access to the petty cash account belongs to branch 1. the rest of the branches or users in those branches should not be able to see branch 1 petty cash account and they thould not be able to post any transactions in to this account.
How do we provide this option in SAP B1?
Jimmy Michael replied
you could try this following SAP note:
How to set up SAP Business One such that a user will not be able to see certain accounts.
Authorisation, permission, restrict, restriction, prevent, confidential, drill down, balance, transaction, query generator, query, output, financial, reports, profit, loss, PL, P&L, P+L, balance, sheet, trial balance, SAP Business One
Reason and Prerequisites
Follow the steps below to set up a user such that certain accounts are not shown:
1. Log on as superuser.
2. Go to: Financials -> Chart of accounts (CoA).
3. Select account to be hidden by highlighting it.
4. Tick box 'Confidential'.
5. Click on 'Update'.
6. Go to: Administration -> System Initialisation -> Authorisations -> General Authorisations.
7. Select the user by clicking on the username-> 'General' -> Access to confidential accounts -> 'No authorisation'.
Effects of this setting for the thus restricted user:
1. Accounts marked as 'Confidential' are not displayed in CoA.
2. Accounts marked as 'Confidential' are not displayed in the 'Choose from' lists.
3. Accounts marked as 'Confidential' are not displayed in any of the financial reports (Profit and Loss, Trial Balance, Balance Sheet).
If the user has full authorisation to use the query generator, all data in the database tables is available, including the 'confidential' accounts. Hence other authorisation settings must be taken into consideration.
Please refer to the document 'How to Define Authorizations 2005 A SP01' on the SMP (http://www.service.sap.com/smb -> SAP Business One tab -> Solution Overview -> Documentation Resource Center -> SAP Business One 2005 A SP01 -> How-To Guides 2005 A & 2005 A SP01) for more information on authorisation settings.
0000800291 Year-end closing with SAP Business One [More...]
Collective note for issues that may arise when closing off the fiscalyear. ...