cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time dependent Master Data cleanup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are storing the Status of Equipments (Live or Decommissioned) in a time-dependent InfoObj. This InfoObj is used in an ODS. Now it appears that the logic we were using for determining the status dates of pipes was wrong and we need to modify the extraction logic (we're using generic extraction by FM). Changing the logic can be done - but the problem is that the new values will mess up in the Q-table.

For example, say an Eq went live on 1-Jan-2007 as per earlier logic. If the new logic says it went live on 1-Mar-2007, then this will be added to the Q-table and it will show the pipe as live even in the interval 1-Jan-2007 to 28-Mar-2007, which is wrong. So basically I need to clean up the wrong values in the master data.

This characteristic is used in an ODS, and deleting the data in the ODS is not feasible. I know it is not possible to delete the Master data without deleting the ODS. But is there any workaround I could use, if someone has faced a similar situation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think deletion is not possible when data is used in standard:

"You can only delete master data records if no transaction data exists for the master data that you want to delete, the master data is not used as attributes for an InfoObject, and there are no hierarchies for this master data."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/28/4c1738da41e57ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

But here is discussed a possiblity to delete with an other way:

Regards

Andreas

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas,

I went through that thread, and it's quite informative. But instead of using RADBAT01, I've written a simple ABAP program to delete the Q and Y tables of the characteristic. The SID table is not being touched. It is working fine in Dev, I suppose it should be fine in Prod too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your information.

I think it should work in prod when it works fine in dev.

But I would test it multiple times before executing the program in prod.

Regards

Andreas

Answers (0)