Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

actually i am doing the archiving of the SD documents. i archived the data and after deleting the data from the database i am not able to reload that data. The error is like there is no such archive files to restore. what could be the reason for this? Any pointers to this would appreciate.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lata,

It looks like some customization is missing please check the archiving customization in OAC0, SARA, FILE because generally if you archive the data successfuly then you should retrieve it successfully.

But if your question is to reload the data then, generally SAP recommends that you should not go to reload option. But In case if you have the requiremnet of reloading the data then you need ABAP help in order to do that.

In case if I am not clear, then let me know I will explain you in detail.

--Thanks

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lata,

If you can tell me what archiving object your refering to, would help to address your query.

--Thanks

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you ver much. I need some more information on customization part. I am archiving SD_VBRK. any pointers would appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Lata.

0 Kudos

Hi Lata,

In order to archive the billing document (SD_VBRK) effectively, you need to archive data in this order 1) PP_BKFLUSH u2013 2) MM_MATBEL u2013 3) SD_VFKK u2013 4) SD_VTTK -- 5) RV_LIKP -- 6) SD_VBRK, because the billing document is dependent archiving object, if you try to archive only billing document then you will not get the desired result. you can check this in the network graph for every archiving object in SARA t.code.

In order to archive SD_VBRK the basic customization required are as follows:

1) Mentain the content repository in t.code OAC0.

2) Technical setting in SARA.

3) Mentain the physical & logical file path in transaction code FILE.

4) Application specific customization in SARA for residence time mentainence. Depending upon your requirment you can set the residence time for the data.

Once your done with the above customization then you will have to create a variant and run the preprocessor job first and then run the archiving Write job.

In case required any more help let me know.

--Thanks

Pankaj.K.S

0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you very much. can you explain me why residence time needed? and i am not storing the archive file in external storage device, still do i need to maintain content repository in OCA0? I am new to this field please explain me in deatil.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Lata.

0 Kudos

Hi Lata,

Basically archiving is carried out for reasons below:

1)Legal

- External Audits

- Tax requirements

2)Technical

- Reduced maintenance and back-up recovery time

- Increased system stability and availability

So all the data after archiving should be retrived in order to meet the leagal requirment in case if there are any, so that can be meet through the retention period. Every business has some standards stated by Law to mentain data for some duration of time, so that is the reason we have to mentain some retention period for archiving and this retention period will differ across globe.

For your second query, if you're storing data on some application server and not on storage device then you do not require any content repository to be created. But this implies many Tax and Audit department will not accept such data for legal requirment, so do take care of that before archiving.

--Thanks

Pankaj