Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waring messages for PO Date in the contract creation?

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Expecting answers with some functional knowledge,

I am developing one webservice to create value contract from dotnet front end,

So user can enter inputs from that front end and he will get SAP generated value contract id.

Here I did validations for all the fields and giving error messages to restrict user to dont give incorrect values.

Now coming to my issue..,

While entering the PO Date in the initial screen of contract creation,

If I enter future date,

The purchase order date lies in the future. Please check

If I enter the past date.,

The purchase order date is in the past. Please check

I will get warning messages like this, so what should i do, I can enter, today's date to avoid these messages,

And I can neglect these two messages to proceed, as they are warings only.

But in my case , Can i process these messages to front end, Is it mandatory.

I want to know the intention of these messages, then i will take good decision on this...,

Thanks,

Naveen.I

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The intention of this messages is to alert the user, because sometimes in a hurry we may enter the wrong date..so it alerts the user and so that the PO is created without errors.

These warning messages are very useful with the enduser as the possibility of feeding wrong dates is almost equal to zero.

We should not try to suppress these warning messages. They are really useful at the client end.

Regards,

Vishwa.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The intention of this messages is to alert the user, because sometimes in a hurry we may enter the wrong date..so it alerts the user and so that the PO is created without errors.

These warning messages are very useful with the enduser as the possibility of feeding wrong dates is almost equal to zero.

We should not try to suppress these warning messages. They are really useful at the client end.

Regards,

Vishwa.

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..,

Thanks for your attention..,

After consulting some people on this issue, I got that..,

Mostly PO Date is current date, but in the case of purchage receiving process is late then the date may be in past..,

Similerly, because of some business reason we can create contract before receiving of purchage order, where order should

must get, in this case user can enter future date.

So as if it is not special case user creates contrat with po date as current date, system gives some warning!!

Better to pass this messages to front end if we are using webservices or some thing like other technolgies.

welcome to other comments on this..

Thanks,

Naveen.I