cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataServices 3.1 AIX/DB2 Profiler server problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a brand new DS 3.1 installation. Profiler repository set up and added to job server and web mgmt console; server restarted. In Designer, job server is active and running jobs, but Profiler server is crossed out showing non-running status.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just went through this- see my thread (Profiler Server Not Running).

I had installed BOE3.1 after DS3.1 and believe that I re-did the Tomcat app server and the conf and/or port assignments ended up incorrect.

Try this- in Designer drop down Tools and select Profiler Server Login. The popup box will show the port- it may be 28080 (the DS setting). Change it to 8080, the BOE setting for the Web Server.

My connection then worked and the dreaded red X disappeared forever....

If this does not work, see my thread for instructions on the XML conf file and Manoj's directions as to how to deploy the app.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

My case was a bit different - there was no BOXI installation. The problem was fixed after we moved the java folder on the client to expected location. You may have the similar situation if it is complaining about the java. I believe this was due to the fact that we installed only the client part of DS on the client. Also you may check if you want to run separate Tomcat instances for your DS and BOE, i.e. keep both ports.

Answers (0)