cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Value help on adobe form doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I bind a interactive form UI element to context node under which there is an attribute "CARRID" with a DDIC search help "S_CARRIER_ID".

I also create a XML-based ZCI form for former context node. And add input field for the attribute "CARRID" and a native value-help adobe form UI element onto form and change valuehelp click-event javascript to be "var fieldName = "CARRID";".

I run this application. But it doesn't work.

System information as below:

Software component Release Highest support package

SAP_BASIS 700 SAPKB70015

Anybody can give me suggestion about it?

What should I do to enable F4 value help on adobe?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your great help.

Do you mean this F4 functionality work well under this system environment, i.e. before your system is upgraded with Enhancement Package 3:

(1). Highest Support Package: SAPKB70016 (SAP BASIS Component)

(2). No Enhancement Package

I am using Adobe LiveCycle 7.1 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.

And I find another test system 'Y1A' in which only SAP_BASIS 701 is installed and no suport package. '701' means Enhancement Package 1. But this F4 functionality is fine in this system.

So what I should do is to upgrade SAP_BASIS from SAPKB70015 to SAPKB70016 in our customer.

Do you think so?

Currently it is dificult for customer to upgrade Enhancement Package.

Best regards

Devlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for replying late, I think its sufficient to use the current system settings. there is no need to upgrade the SAP system with the Enhancement Package 3.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Here are the steps that i followed:

1. Drag & drop the context element into the subform, thus creating a UI TextField element, which is mapped to that context element.

2. Add a value help button, from the WebDynrpo Native library.

3. The button and the TextField are in the same subform.

4. go to the OnClick of of the Button. Put the TextField's name as the field name.

I am using Adobe Designer 7.1, adobe reader 8., form is of ZCI Layout type. WebDynpro ABAP

Just to ensure that all the lines of code within the OnClick of the button, are working, i inserted alert messageboxes after each line.

When i run the applications, all the alert messageboxes are coming. That means there is no problem with the code in the OnClick of the button.

However, after the last line, the application dumps, throwing an exception: Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible

Can you please point out if i have missed anything, because of which i am getting this exception?

Thanks & Regards,

Hanoz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devlin,

In my system I am using

Highest Support Package: SAPKB70016 (SAP BASIS Component) and

Enhancement Package 3 and

Adobe LiveCycle 8.0 and

Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.

But I have tested the F4 functionality in the Older version i.e. Before Enhancement Package 3 and in Adobe LiveCycle 7.1 and in Adobe Reader 7. Recently system is upgraded with Enhancement Package 3.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you.

Can you tell me information of your system in which you have test the functionality sucessfully?

such as, which level for highest support package of SAP_BASIS and enhance package in your system.

Best regards

Devlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devin,

I you are woking from the Web Dynpro for ABAP then after binding the Context variable in the view, and in the Adobe Layout Designer from the Library goto WebDynpro Native Tab and drag and drop the Value Help (If you want Value Help Drop Down click on that one also) and for this automatically JavaScript is being generated, go that script and edit the line

Var fieldname = "yourfieldname";

And now go to Utilities and click on u201CInsert Web Dynpro Scriptu201D.

Also make sure that you specify the Layout as ZCI Layout in the Propertioes of the Adobe Form.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep Goli

I could not see ValueHelp button in my system. I could only see Value Help Drop Down List.

Do I need to install anything for this? Please suggest.

Regards

Vijai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijai,

Maybe you should check the version of your Adobe lifecycle designer. In addtion, value help UI element is only used for ZCI native form.

Best regards

Devlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But this functionality really work in NW 2004S,SAP_BASIS 701

I don't know exact info about which level of support package or ehp is needed to make it work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devlin,

I think F4 value help is not available in Adobe Interactive form as it is available in WDP.

Cheers,

Arafat