cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Fault Messages for JDBC Receiver (Syn Inbound)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Freinds,

Can we handle fault messages for JDBC Receiver which is synchronous.

OB Proxy Syn <> IB JDBC Syn

1. How to handle the same ? Please give some examples.

2. Should we use Stored Procedures at Oracle side to handle the fault messages and send back as response to the Proxy Response. Will it work.

Thanks & Regards

K.Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to capture mapping or adapter errors you dont need to have a fault message for that.

Check this weblogs on how to creat them:

Regard's

Chetan Ahuja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no standard Fault message in JDBC adaptor

pl. give details..

What kind of fault messages you want to handle ?

what kind of error/exception are there which needs handling?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

I have 2 interfaces where Proxy is OB & JDBC is IB. In the first interface both sender and Receiver are synchronous and in the second one it is Async.

In the first interface i have to send one field from R/3 table along with Native SQL query string to XI and the response of the SELECT query is sent back to the sender.

Assume if no fields are selected based on the field sent then proper error message has to be sent instead of the response message.

In the second interface i will be using UPDATE query at Asyn JDBC receiver.

How to do this if you are having JDBC Receiver.

I saw in many blogs where they had mentioned that we cannot handle fault messages in the Receiver JDBC.

KIindly explain.

Thanks

K.Ramesh

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats true. You can use a stored procedure on the JDBC side and send back any exception details as a recordset (follow the JDBC receiver adapter help for this). That way, you will either get success or the error message in the same message format. This you have to map it in the response to you proxy.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is no need of Stored Procedure,

in SYNCH you can check it as follows,

if you found NULL value as reply you can transform it in Msg mapping and give your msg in that place,

and you can also find exact msgs from database and define customised msg in XI,

for ASYNCH you are not getting reply back, instead you got error for which you can raise alert.