cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to set authorization on characteristic value

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI team I want to set a authorization on characteristic value, to be displayed in Bex report depending on user accessing that report

Say : I have one report which show data about company code. I want to set authorization on characteristic value of Company code , for eg for USER 1 - he should see ony C001 and C002, and USER2 should see C003 , C004 etc.

Please guide me in step by step approch ....

Which authorization objetc should be used.

???

Regards

Ashutosh D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First step towards authorization is to make your InfoObject (Company Code) as authorization relevant in the tab Business Explorer.

Once this is done, create Analysis Authorizations in transaction RSECADMIN with the following variables.

0TCAACTVT - *( or you can give the activities to be restricted)

0TCAIPROV - *

0TCAVALID - *

0COMP_CODE - C001 & C002

Now assign the analysis auth in the role under the Auth object S_RS_AUTH.

Now assign this role for user1.

Similarly create another Analysis auth for company code C003 & C004 and assign that role to user2

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not helping ,

We have kept 0BI_ALL in S_RS_AUTH also , as when we put only our created Analaysis auth objt it gives error saying " you dont have authorization " and query return with msg " No Autharizrion "

Then we have added 0BI_ALL in S_RS_AUTH.

Now we are able to excute the query but able see all the data no restiction appled as mentioned in custome Auth objet .

Please help if we are missing.

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

0BI_ALL is super user auth. It will not restrict anything. So do not give that.

After removing 0BI_ALL. Execute your report in RSECADMIN under analysis tab for the user id with logs. Come back n check the logs after you get the auth error. The logs will give the information for which infoobject is the authorization failing.

Also check if you have included all the authorization relevant InfoObjects for that particular InfoCube along with the authorization variables.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav