cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC no ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have defined new no ranges for a few plants in my development system via transaction QS29.

How do i transport this to the test system without causing issues to existing no ranges for MIC's for other plants in the test system.

Thanks & Regards

TOM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transporting number range is not advisible , Maintain the same manually in all the system.

Expected problems.

For example if you give Internal numbering the system will assign the number range automatically. If 10 Master inspection characteristics are created if you transport this to the production system, in production system external numbering starts with 11 only. It means already 10 Master inspection characteristics are created in production system, actually this it not created. If you assign those numbers system will raise errors. to avoid this type of problem is not advisible not to transport the number range and maintain in each system

Regards

Srihari.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pintoo,

Do the same number range assignment in Test system also. Bcz number range not possible to Transport.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would be very careful about transporting number ranges. You need to double-check and triple check that you won't affect exisitng number ranges in use. SAP does not transport number ranges just for this reason and recomends the number ranges are updated directly in the client.

Why not just use the number range in the test client?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

After realesing the request in the present system (development),

ask your basis team no to over write the values.

youcan use SCC1 or stms_import in test server

here you can see your released requests

-ashok