cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the substitution cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using substitute cost centers for when we have blocked cost centers.

How do we provide FI with the information as to where to reclass the costs to since the original cost center was blocked.

Is there a report that shows this information or is there something in the FI post that we can direct FI to look at?

Please let me know what we can do to provide this information to them.

Thanks,

Suparna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think FI will write substitution rule for your original cost center and then whatever posting you will direct to original cost center will get posted to substitute cost center.

I am always referring your previous threads about this and I don't think you will be doing retro every pay period to your blocked cost center.

Regardless, just run query to see the EE's in your original cost center (of course this will not be useful to FI) to do some audit on HCM side. Posting program will take care of everything.

I hope this helps.

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. Please use IT 27. Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Judith. I will give FI the IT27 for those employees.

Is there any other way? The reason I ask is that if the original IT27 doesn't go over in the posting I don't want to have to create a dump of IT27 for FI every day or week.

I would like a way to be able to provide that to FI without having manual intervention if possible.

Thanks,

Suparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe FI should take care of this and there is nothing to be done on the HR side. You can maybe run a ad-hoc query on the employees for which retro post is happening in that pay-period.

As the substitute cost centers are provided by FI team, they can reclass it to the proper (original) cost center after the post happens.

Hope this helps,