Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Export existing CR instance

I have been developing an app for viewing CRs and their instances and have been using the Enterprise SDK.

How can I export an existing instance that was run as CR type to another type (eg. PDF)?

I have seen some examples for exporting in the dev section of the BO site, but they all seem to be for using with servlets and other web-based solutions. What do I need to use to get a byte stream from the BOE server to my thick-client java app?

Cheers,

Elliot.

Edited by: Elliot Smith on Sep 26, 2008 6:07 AM

Former Member
replied

Hi,

Business Objects Enterprise SDKs\ RAS SDKs are intended for use in Web Application only and aren't supported for thick client\ desktop Java Applications.

You can still use RAS APIs to open the CR report instance as ReportClientDocument Object and call

ByteArrayInputStream bais = reportClientDocument.getPrintOutoutController().export(ReportExportFormat.PDF);

and obtain the byte stream in your application. For more help on how to open report with RAS, visit Developer Library RAS API guide.

http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/en/RAS_SDK/default.htm

Thanks

Aasavari

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question