Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization for Change Pointer Mechanism in IDOC Programming?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me that

We want to Maintain Master and Transactional Data in Different SAP Servers.I want to Send the Master Data to the other Server but before IDOC Creation i need to Display all Created or Changed Master Data then Our endusers will select Specific Master Data then only IDOC will create for that Master Data and Created IDOCs will send to the other SAP Server where Transactional Data is Maintained.

In Change Poinetr Mechanism it is not possible to see the Created or Changed Master Data before IDOC is going to be Created.But i need to Display the Master Data.

Please give me an idea to solve this or if you have any solution then send me.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

first try to list out created and changed data , give some provision to enduser to select particular master data (check box in list).then get the selected data in new internal table,

pass this i.tab to report (standard or standard alone).

shan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are change pointer the system itself will take care of sending the changed master data to your partner system and the user will not have any intervention. If you really wanted to have that then you need to use the change pointers to read the master data which is modified in a custom program and then display that on the screen. Once the user selects that master data records then trigger an IDOC for creating the idoc for that master data and also flag that master data record as processed in the SAP BDCPS standard table, so that the same record will not be picked. If you wanted to know how the change pointers piece of code is written go through the program RBDMIDOC and you can understand how the change pointers logic is written.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u