cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Runtime Error when trying to preview an iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the following exception when I am trying to preview an iView (created from a par file I did some settings like rt_Parameter )

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing your request

Exception id: 02:06_26/09/08_1612_8553150

See the details for the exception ID in the log file.

Can some one point me the location of the log file where I can view for the details of the exception and possibly can some one help the cause of the exception.

Thanks

Prathima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered

Edited by: Prathima Alapati on Nov 28, 2008 5:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used visual admin and connected to portal and got the logs there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prathima,

did you modify the existing par file.if yes when you modify it jar files will be missing and you have to manually add them to the par file.if no then check the default trace file from http://server:port/nwa-monitoring-logs and traces

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I have added the missing jar files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to open the link you mentioned ofcourse in server and port i have replaced my server and port details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathima,

Go to Java Developer -> Portal Tools -> Portal Logviewer

where you can get the log files. copy the Exception id to the field Search and press Search in All Files button.

Let me know if you are not clear about this.

Note: You need to raise this question in Porta not in Web Dynpro .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tattaya,

Not able to view Java Developer can you please navigate to that ?

I have posted mistakenly in Webdynpro Java by the time I realised the post already went.

Thanks

Prathima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the SOAP Log viewer in the EP perspective you can find this icon at the bottom right image with specs click this trace fiel will open in the browser.

In opened file search the defaulttrace file with the smallest size and go for filter with the value 1 for the current day. and search based on the error id.

Or....

if you have administrator id/pwd then type:-

http://<servername>:<port>/irj/nwa

in that you can find moniter->log file....

in this use can search based on the error id.

Hope this may help you.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will be there in the top level navigation (where Content Administration , System Administration ... also there)

If you don't find still, go to User Administration and search for the Role "Java Developer" and add your user id to this role.

Now it should display the Java Developer in top level navigation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I searched for Java Developer role in User administration but the search says no element found.

Thanks

Prathima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of Java Developer try with JDI Developer role

Kirankumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your system admin to import the Portal Development Kit to get the Java Developer role

Alternatively if you have the access to server system all log files will be there in D:\usr\sap\NSP\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\

Thanks