cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relation characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

in a planning area i m using a infocube that hold the charactheristics: 0country / 0companycode / 0companyarea . I was able to make (using variables) that 0companycode show just the companies for the country that the user specify. Now i need to load directly (because of the 1 to 1 relation between 0companycode and 0companyarea) the 0companyarea value. I ve heard i can achieve this using relation characteristics (planning area) and derivation, but i didn got the complete idea, canu gurus pls get this clear?

Regards

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If company area is the attribute of company code? If so, in char.relationships, you can create derivation of type attribute. Else, where is the relation between company area and company code maintained? You can create derivation of type exit and you can look up over that table and populate company area based on company code. If you are using characteristic relationships derivation method, you don't need to keep companyarea in the levels, system will derive this value if level has companycode.

One more way could be to create an exit variable on companyarea and put the 1:1 logic inside the exit code. If you use this method, you can restrict companyarea in the level by this variable.

Answers (0)