cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries about refresh query automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As there is many query need to refresh periodically, I have designed all queries right now, but I need to run it manually....May I ask,

Any method we can automatically run the queries itself, so I can set it run at night, and when I come back office, I can get all reports~

Please advise and thank you.

s1police

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pcrao,

Thanks for your reply. However, when I double click the MS Excel, the BEx is not yet started. So, I need to go to START > PROGRAMS > BUSINESS EXPLORER > ... > Analyzer (SAP BW 3.X) to launch the application.

Although, I can use add-in to automate launch when I launch MS Excel. But, it also requires me to select which system, and type in username and password.

Is there any method to automate it??

Dear Reddy,

are the "Pre calculated Web templates concept" and "Information broadcasting" another software to connect with SAP?? I am not quite familiar to SAP. Please kindly advise.

Thank you all masters!!

Best Regards,

s1police

Edited by: Victor Wong on Sep 26, 2008 7:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At what time do you want see the reports ?

Is you want daily or weekly ?

for the above cases you go for broadcasting reports in background. In this you can schedule the reports when you want to see the reports.for this you require Precalculation server.For further infornation on Precalculation server please search in SDN.

If it is solved, then close the thread and say thanks by giving the points.

Regards

Pcrao.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use workbooks for all your queries. every time you open wokbook automatically it will refresh the data.

Create workbook and insert all your queries which are related into one workbook.

And more over You need to select one option

i.e. right click on query area>properties>select interaction tab(2nd)-->select check box 3rd one(refresh query when opening workbook).

Regards

Pcrao.