Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR-based IV and ERS

former_member555628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

1) A PO is created on Sept15th(say). Then a GR has been done on Sept 20th.(say). While the PO was created, then it was non-ERS. Now after receiving of goods, say on Sept 25th, we check ERS by ME22n. Now , since now it is ERS, will the system now generate an invoice whose GR has been done in the past? Please explain.

2)Is it mandatory to have GR-based IV in case of ERS and vice versa? Say, if it is non-ERS, and we have GR-based IV, will there be any problem in invoice posting? Please explain.

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) A PO is created on Sept15th(say). Then a GR has been done on Sept 20th.(say). While the PO was created, then it was non-ERS. Now after receiving of goods, say on Sept 25th, we check ERS by ME22n. Now , since now it is ERS, will the system now generate an invoice whose GR has been done in the past? Please explain.

A- Hi is ERS marked in vendor master record also??

2)Is it mandatory to have GR-based IV in case of ERS and vice versa? Say, if it is non-ERS, and we have GR-based IV, will there be any problem in invoice posting? Please explain

A- in case of ERS to be trigerred it is mandatory to have gr based IV checked in po and ERS option checked in the vendor master record.

GR-based invoice helps to post invoice with respect to goods reciept. there is no problem in having gr based IV on purchase order .

former_member555628
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, ERS is also marked in Vendor Master.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

1) NO - if the ERS check was NOT checked when the GR was done the ERS settlement program will NOT pick it up. What happens is when an item is marked for ERS when the GR is done that movement is stored on the EKRS table. When MRRL (ERS settlement transaction) is done the EKRS table is used to find movements against ERS items that need to be invoiced. The entry is cleared from EKRS when the settlement is successful.

So when the ERS flag is NOT checked an entry is not put on EKRS when a GR is done.

2) GR-based-IV - I believe it is mandatory for ERS - it makes sense since to do ERS you need a GR. With ERS you cannot produce an invoice without a GR.

It is OK to have GR-based-IV for non-ERS items. All it means is the in order to post in invoice you MUST have done a GR.

Regards,

Sandra

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) A PO is created on Sept15th(say). Then a GR has been done on Sept 20th.(say). While the PO was created, then it was non-ERS. Now after receiving of goods, say on Sept 25th, we check ERS by ME22n. Now , since now it is ERS, will the system now generate an invoice whose GR has been done in the past? Please explain.

Go to MRRL ERS Settlement and Check Once.

> 2)Is it mandatory to have GR-based IV in case of ERS and vice versa? Say, if it is non-ERS, and we have GR-based IV, will there be any problem in invoice posting? Please explain.

Since ERS is a Two way Match and No Invoice will be sent in this sceanrio. Settlement will be done in MRRL ERS Settlement.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

As per my view it shd be possible....because the minumum neccessity for the same is:

1. GR based IV in VMR

2. Auto ERS in VMR...

In ERS, a settlement document is created. The GR/IR clearing account is balanced. The tax amount is posted to the tax account. The offsetting posting is posted to the vendor account.

When the invoice is posted, the system sends a credit memo to the vendor.

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P