Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Goods receipt for subcontract does not erase requirement in MD04

Hi,

I have a subcontract material for example X which is built of 3 components - A,B & C.

Initially the BOM in the Purchase Order of X did not have any component. I mistakenly posted a goods receipt and realized that the requirement were not getting deleted from MD04 of the components. There after to correct this, I reversed the goods receipt and populated the BOM with components A, B & C and again posted goods receipt for the subcontract material X.

When I receive material X, the requirement still exists in the stock requirement list (MD04) of A, B & C. I also went to Transaction ME2O and saw that the stock at the vendor did not get reduced.

I have checked the Goods Receipt material document and the components A, B & C have a movement type of 543 O. In MB51 Goods movement for the components, I can see the deduction from the vendor.

Why are the requirements not getting deleted from MD04 of A, B & C and why is not the component stock at the vendor getting reduced?

For all other orders, the requirements get erased in MD04 of A, B & C when I receive X

Please help me out with this issue.

Sincerely,

Ketan

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question