Pricing for BP working in Foreign Currency only (differs from Sys. Curr.)
a vendor is setup with currency = Euro
The issue is that when creating a marketing document the item price
shows/loads is in USD ( The Total Doc is the total amount in Euro).
When I go into the line item and change the Item Price it changes the currency to Euro.
The item is purchased only from this vendor and all transactions ar handled in Euros.
The questions I have are for SAP Business One 2005 SP01 default system:
Can I have the line item loaded with the Euro Price - in the Item Price and not the USD?
Is there a way to have a price list with Euro or any foreing Currency different from the system currency?
Can I setup special prices for the BP and the items in Euro /Foreign Currency?
Kerstin Pauquet replied
you will need to create a EUR price list & link that to the BP :
To create a price list(PL) in a currency different from the local currency (LC) follow the steps below:
1. Go to stock management -> Price Lists -> either rename an existing PL orcreate a new one by clicking on Data -> Add row or pressing Ctrl+I.
2. Give the PL an appropriate name, e.g. 'Euro Price List'.
3. Select itself as Base Price List.
4. Set a factor of '1'.
5. Set a rounding method as appropriate.
6. Assign an appropriate authorisation group.
7. Click on 'Update.
8. Double-click on the row number of the new PL.
9. Enter the item prices with the 3 digit prefix of the currency, here EUR.
10. Update after each price entered.
11. Assign this PL to the apprpriate business partners (BP) under Business Partners -> Business Partner Master Data -> select BP -> Tab Payment Terms -> select from drop down list in 'Price List' field.
Just keep in mind that this PL cannot be based on any PL that is not kept in EUR, hence it must be updated manually.
All the best,