cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to CMS after fresh installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finish installing XI 3.0 on our Window 2003 server, Tomcat is installed. When I try to login to CMS I got the following error message:"Error: Server servername:6400 not found or server may be down (FWM 01003) null". I have tried the Administrator and blank password and my CMS DB owner password.

When I install XI 3.0 I have left the password blank. This is the second time I install XI 3.0 on this server. I have uninstalled my 1st XI 3.0 and than reinstall it for the second time. Not sure if this is related for my first install I have set a Administrator password. I am not sure if it is cached something in the system. However I did try to login to CMS with my 1st install password but still unable to login.

I have checked CCM that Tomcat and SIA is both running and I able to bring up the CMS webpage. I did research on the forum that there is a table mod I can do to reset the Administrator password. Can someone post these instructions?

One More thing is when I install Tomcat I changed the port number:

8080 -> 7080

8005 -> 7005

8443 -> 7443

Thank you

Edited by: Alan Mui on Sep 26, 2008 12:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would it be possible for you to log a support case in SMP? I think it is necessary that a support engineer is looking into this via remote support access.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is a new installation - without any data - open your CCM and stop SIA. Double Click SIA, select configuration and tick under CMS System Database Configuration on "Specify". Select "Recreate the current datasource". This option will re-initialize the current data source and all data present will be lost. The Administrator password will be reset to deafult.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the solution your provided however I am still getting the same error message. I do notice that the two DB I created for BO (CMS and Aduiting) both are empty. I think there might be something wrong witht the installation.

I look at the log files for my installation I don't see any errors in there. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have ideas?