cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Billing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am a FICO perrson and do not have enough knowledge of SD Module and I need to create a billing documents for test purpose. I would highly appreciate if some send me a step by step the complete document from Creating sales order (VA01) to invoice/ Bill the customer include PGI.

I will assign the point for this help.

Thanks

Shoeb Kanpurwala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

VA01: Give the sales doc type & sales area. Enter the sold-to, requested delivery date & lime items. Press enter. System will carry the availability check & pricing. It will update schedule lines. Save the order.

VL01N: Enter the shippping point. In VA03 --> shipping screen pick up the shipping point. Enter the date which is the schedule line date. Go to VA03, select the line item, goto --> item --> schedule line. There will be 2 dates mentioned. Against the date in the 2nd line item, there will be confirmed quantity. Give that date in the VL01N. Press enter. System should create a delivery. Do the picking, packing & PGI. If plant is not relevant for WM, then just manually enter the pick quantity. If it is WM relevant then we need to create a TO & confirm it. Only then system will allow you to procced to packing & PGI.

VF01: Enter the doc num delivery to create the billing.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is one way to generate Invoice, explained by two Members, where Delivery-to-Bill Copy Control Settings have been maintained (T. Code: VTFL).

Alternatively, you may directly create Invoice from Sales Order, i.e.

T. Code: VA01 - Create Sales Order

T.Code: VF01 - Create Invoice (Billing Document).

To do so, You have to check Order-to-Bill Copy Control Settings in:

T. Code: VTFA

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) VA01 - Create Sale Order. While creating click on create with reference and in the pop up select sale order and give the document number of an existing sale order. This way all the entries need not be made by you and they flow from the referencing sale order.

2) VL01N - Create delivery document. Given the shipping point number that is determined in the sale order (line item-shipping tab), sale order number, todays date and execute. If material is batch managed determine the batches in the delivery document for each line item. Go to the picking tab and enter the picked quantity. Post goods issue.

3) VF01 - Create billing document. Give the delivery document number and execute. Save the billing document and if there is no posting block the billing document will be automatically released to accounts upon saving. Otherwise, use VF02 or VFX3 transaction to release the billing document to accounts.

Regards,

GSL.