Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAPgui logon using SNC

Hi Sdn,

my customer wants that external user connects using SAPRouter and SNC (SAPCRYPTOLIB), however, I didn't found any step by step documentation that supports this.

I've found a documentation for RFC communication but not for dialog communication.

I've configured SNC parameters, activated SNC, created PSE certificates and SAP commes online without problem, but in SAPGui, when I force SNC communication using SAPCRYPTO Library and SNC name as in the profile, I click in Logon buttom but the saplogon does not gave any error, as didn't ask for credentials or opens any sap window.....

SNC profile parameters maintained

SAPCRYPTO LIBRARY in client and server

SNC_LIB and SECUDIR set

I think that I should also use sapgenpse for the SNC Name I use, but I'm not sure of this!!!

Did anyone knows any documentation that could help me or enlight me with this issue?

Thanks and best regards

Pedro Rodrigues

replied

>

> Hi Tim,

>

> this was quite clear Thanks.

Good. I am pleased you are clear now on what you need to do.

> The question now is, could this be achieved with SAPCRYTPOLIB?

NO. This is not possible, since SAPCRYPTOLIB is a library OEMed by SAP and the license for its use DOES NOT allow it to be used with SAP GUI. if you try to use it with SAP GUI then you are doing something ilegal.

>

> Witch Steps?

>

> 1. profile parameters (activate SNC and so on)

This depends on the SNC product you use, so you need to ask the vendor you choose for guidance.

> 2. Install SAPCRYPTO in user PC

NO, you cannot do this for use with SAP GUI. Please see note above, and confirmation from Sietze who works for the vendor providing this library to SAP.

> 3. configure SAPGui for use SNC using SNC name from SAP System

You need to get advice on this from the SNC product vendor you are using.

>

> The SNC Name that I confgured in STRUST should apear in comand sapgenpse get_my_name ?

Since you cannot use SAPCRYPTOLIB this is not relavent. Also, STRUST is for trust relationships so it not involved when logging onto an ABAP system using SAP GUI.

>

> I'm consulting SNC User's Guide from SAP security area in marketplace but I couldn't yet be able to logon to SAP System yet using SNC, right now using SNC NAME between "" like "p:CN=SAP, OU=Company, O=NAME, C=DE" the sapgui does not gave any error message or logs on, without "" I get the erro:

>

> Couldn't aquire DEFAULT INITIATING credentials :-S

As I have mentioned, the use of SAPCRYPTOLIB is not allowed with SAP GUI.

>

> thanks and best regards,

> Pedro

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question