cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process to setup new R3 Source System

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, there seems to be a lot of posts out there regarding this topic, but I can't seem to get a specific answer out of it all?

I am adding a new R3 Source System (R2) to my BI System in addition to the existing R3 Source System (R1). I would like all of my BI Objects to have the same connections (Transformations, etc.) to my new R3 Source System (R2) that I currently have for my R1.

What do I have to do to make this happen? Is there a defined process for this?

Do I have to manually copy the transformations for everything? (This would be sooo difficult due to volume)

Please add clarity to this situation if you can...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BDLSS or Save System Copy

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Don't think anyone is understanding my question. The responses didn't seem really related to what I'm trying to do.

I have 2 R3 Source Systems. R3(#1) has been in place a long time and I have created many BI Transformations from the Datasource to my objects on this R3(#1) System. Now I have added the 2nd R3 Source System R3(2).

Now I want the R3(#2) Source System to have exactly the same trasformations as the R3(1) Source System. If I remember right in 3.x weren't you able to just change the source system in the transfer rules and reactivate?

This doesn't seem like an uncommon scenario. Surely I don't have to manually recreate all of these datasource transformations?

Thanks for any more help you can give!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look:

Threads are about fresh source system clients but maybe they are useful for you.

Additional:

This doesn't seem like an uncommon scenario. Surely I don't have to manually recreate all of these datasource transformations?

In my mind you have to recreate if you are not using standard BI Content which you only have to activate.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to copy or create your objects for the new system. DataSources you have to replicate from new system... Must other objects you can copy.

Here some useful links for creating new source system:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/ac/4a4e38493e4774e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards

Andreas