cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Field issue : Parameter not showing in enter values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got three paramater setup...

All three parameters are used in record selection formula.

When i click on refresh, only two parameters are showing up in enter values screen...why thired parameter is missing?

two parameters are date and third one is string. String parameter is not showing in enter values. How to fix this?.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

forced to close this tread...unhappy.

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try putting the parameters on the report somewhere and suppress them. Now see if they show up when you run the report.

The only time I've seen a parameter not prompt is if it's not used. If it's on the Selection Formula that should be enough though.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks brian..

yes..i think this solution will work..

is this bug in CR?.

i had this kind problem in the past.

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't run into this problem so I'm not sure if it's a bug or not. When you added the parameter to the report, did you type the parameter into the formula yourself or did your double-click on it from the Field Explorer?

It should be fine adding it from the Field Explorer. Strange but not really sure why it's not working for you though.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not a bug. A parameter must be used in the report in order for the user to be prompted.

Fuskie

Who notes similarly a table object will not be pulled from a data source if it is not included somewhere in the report...

Former Member
0 Kudos

in record selection window...i double click on field explorer and added third parameter....