cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change password after BO deployment w/o using CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, guys.

we are in process of deploying BO solution on customer site by customer folks and we don't want them to know password for administrator because it violate IP issues and etc.

Is any way to modify admin's password using SDK or directly accessing MySQL as a part of post-installation activity, for example.

Step 1: instal BO by default with admin and empty password

Step 2: run some script or exe to setup password

May be somebody has seen such use case and got solution to share

thanks for help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot,

1. I've installed MySQL Query Builder to view db schema and now I can learn something from it.

2. I've found how to reset password example under SDK documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys, thanks for your replies.

Yes, the idea behind my question is to modifiy admin password w/o customer knowing that or without using CMC.

Is any way to do that using some sort of sql script where I can update one row with admin data if password column as exposed as a separate column. By the way, I'm new for MySQL and wonder is any Query Builder available to view BO database schema and view table structure and data

If the column like password is not exposed then SDK approach is needed and I didn't try the approach, as well and any thinking would be appreciated.

many thanks for sharing your thinking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try MySQL [Administrator|http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html] to view schema etc.

Password is not exposed as a column and BO does not encourage users to 'fiddle' with the CMS db at all.

The SQL query to reset the Admin Password is as follows:

select * from cms_infoobjects5 where objectID = 12

This will return one row. Delete that row.

As far as I know, this is an unsupported hack and I don't recommend that you use it.

It is possible to change a user's password via the SDK. I believe one needs to use the User object (for the Java Enterprise SDK).

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A good way to find whether to use ID 12 is to use a query using the Querybuilder where you want to find the ObjectID. For example:

select si_name, si_id from CI_SystemObjects where si_name = 'administrator' and si_kind = 'user'

Then, open the database and delete ObjectID number as returned by the query above (12 ) from the CMS_InfoObjects5 table and restart the CMS.

I did backup the repository database.

Stopped the CMS

Deleted the record with objectid 13.

started the CMS

I try to login CMC with Administrator id with no password.

WARNING: Take a backup (or two) of the repository database before using this technique!

Stop the CMS service. In the repository database, delete the record with OBJECTID 13 from the CMS_INFOOBJECTS5 table. Restart the CMS, and the Administator ID will be recreated with a blank password.

Hope this might help you.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Modifying the CMS db is not supported by BO.

Besides, I think Micheal's question was how to modify the Admin password with the SDK.