cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No EVENT in SWEL even after active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a workflow and When i am testing it manually from "SWDD". Everything is working fine and it is flowing through all the expected steps and it is sent to multiple users and after there approval it is even completing successfully.

Now, my problem is there are no events visible in "SWEL" and my workflow is not getting triggered.

I verified following steps:

1) EVENT TRACE IS ON in "SWEL".

2) All the settings in "SWU3" are active and showing in green.

3) WF-BATCH has full access.

4) Background job was not set initially in "SWEQADM_1", I have turned it ON "PERIODIC, 20 events, 1 Minute)

and then synchronized the buffer, Logged in many times. There are no event list ( Error,Delivered...)

Don't know, may be meaningful. But there are no entries in Waiting,Sent status in "SOST"

Please, suggest any other solutions.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Event won't just like that. You are lucky if you see an event in event log for your transaction, but mostly you need to set up. Refer the online documentation for the ways to trigger event. Some of them are

1. Change document

2. Status management....

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks IA.

Sorry, If i have confused.

I am using a standard event ( PurchaseRequisition.releaseStepCreated) which will be triggered when a Purchase Requisition is blocked.

I am not talking about only my event, but there are no standard events displayed in SWEL. Like, when i change a Sales Order corresponding BUS2032 event raises and if there is any custom process then i need to create a custom event and trigger it manually using function module.

There are no events ( Standard or Custom events) displayed in SWEL.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all did you turned on the event trace SWELS. Again, you didn't get my point. Your WF has the required event but there should be a source to trigger the event. In your case you need to either configure release strategy or configure change document.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks IA.

I have followed below thread and looks everything fine on configuration side.

/thread/743773 [original link is broken]

Yes event trace is on in "SWELS" and when i have tested the workflow manually from SWDD.

Created a Purchase Requisition with higher value, so that there will be 3 level of approval will be created like Release stratergy (S3) and L1, L3, L5 are different positions of approvals. I created manual organization in PPOME and retreived position as per release code, by using the release code one by one released by Release method.

One thing, I am still wondering is there are no events displayed for any standard functionality change in SWEL.

Do, we need to config the associated the Business object events for every standard functionality (Creating SalesOrder..) , please explain me?

I will try to use the Change Document (SWEC) & if it is still not working then Trigger the ReleaseStep event by function module.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check SPRO setting.

Regards,

Purvesh.

ashish_nagpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sudhir

check for event entry in SWETYPV and there see if the event is activated ,even if event is there it is right that an action is required to trigger the event

you can see rest of details in

SWI6

hope it helps

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Purvesh & Ashish.

I was able to fix the issue by pointing the Release code to workflow.

In SPRO, SAP Reference IMG -->

Materials Management

--> Purchasing

--> Purchase Requisition

--> Release Procedure

--> Procedure With Classification

On clicking & selecting Release Codes, there are 4 Coloumns

By Entering '1' in the Worklfow coloumn of the specific Release Group & Code will trigger "ReleaseStepCreated" event and i have used that in my trigerring event of Workflow.

So, as per my understanding to Trigger standard event "ReleaseStepCreated" above setting is mandatory.

Before not fixing the above thing, I have tried SWEC & triggering the event using UserExit but neither of them were fruitful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Completed