Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Stored Procedure; can not verify db, but can SET db successfully.

I have a report that is referring to a stored procedure.

When I run the report, it's fine.

When I do a set datasource location, and set the DB location to the same stored procedure, or to an identical stored procedure, it's fine.

When I attempt to verify database, and pass identical parameters as in the set datasource location, it fails with this error message:

Database Connector Error: 'ORA-24338: statement handle not executed [database vendor code: 24338 ]

I can run the report in Crystal, because I don't need to verify DB. However, when I put the report into our application that uses the HTML viewer, I get the DB connection error message (presumably because we are updating/verifying the DB connection before running the report)

If I create a new report, and use the stored procedure as the datasource, it's fine... until I verify database, (same params) then it fails with the error message.

Oddly enough, it worked earlier, and the only change that I made was to the report file, and not to the stored procedure.

The stored procedure runs with identical parameters in oracle without a problem.

Thoughts? I can't even start my report over because it fails on verify.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question