cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing doc cost PCA versus GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

The billing doc cost should be different for the PCA posting versus the GL posting. We have transfer pricing activated as well as material ledger. On the material master the standard price for legal valuation is different than profit center valuation and that is fine. When the billing doc posts it uses standard price for legal valuation for the GL posting. It should use standard price for profit center valuation. It uses legal valuation instead. Goods issue does use the correct standard price for GL versus PCA though.

How do I make the billing doc use the correct standard price ( profit center valuation ) for PCA?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a bit confuesed on scenario explained by you and I am tring to restate the same:

1. You are using Transfer Pricing and Material Ledger is active.

2. You have different prices updated in Standard Price for Legal and Profit Center Valuations respectively.

3. When you make a goods issue, the system uses the Standard Price in the Legal Valuatoin for accounting.

4. You need the system to use Profit Center Valuation Price for accounting.

Opinion.

The Goods issue as updated in the Financial Accounting should use only the Legal Valuation values. The Profit Center Document anyhow will have the cost of sales based on the profit center valuation. This is by design and correct approach.

If your question is related to values posted in Profitability Analysis. You need to activate profit center valuation in PA and then you will see that both values flow to Profitability Analysis.

Hope this helps you.

Varadharajan

Answers (0)