Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Drill down tab won't print in CR10 viewer

We are developing in CR 10 and our ERP system uses the CR 10 viewer to display reports to our users.

I have several reports that display a summary on the main page with the option to drill down for more details. The data is grouped, and the detail section is hidden unless the user drills down.

When our users try to print the data on the drill down tab in the viewer, the Preview tab prints instead. I have verified that the drill down tab is active at the time of printing, and still no luck. The weird part is that I can open the report up in the designer software, and it prints correctly. As a workaround, we are having the users export the data to Excel and print from there, but we have some executives who are not quite computer literate and do not like going through all these steps to print something out. So my questions are:

1) Is my report improperly designed to allow this functionality?

2) I have the option to upgrade to CR XI. Would that fix the problem?

3) Are there other design choices I should consider that would provide similar functionalty?

replied

We recently changed from the crystal 11 to crystal 12 merge modules, but I don't recall having a print problem like you describe in the earlier version.

Regards

Richard

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question