cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iGrid 11.5 column sort options

Former Member
0 Kudos

A simple question with probably a complex answer.

I have a iGrid based off a Xacute time-based query. The user would like the ability to click on a column header to resort the iGrid. That part is easy using the columnselectionevent and passing the columnName back to the transaction. This method executes the transaction on each header click.

I do not want the transaction to run on each header click though. QueryCaching I don't think is a option as this is a time-based query.

Any ideas out there.?

Regards,

Roger DeWeese

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roger,

We missed you and Tom down in Nashville last week.

You are correct - QueryCaching is ignored in a Time Based query since it would lead to excessive cache objects, which would probably never be matched again by a subsequent user request.

Column sorting with Ctrl+Click on the Column Heading has been added to the iGrid in upcoming version 12.1, but of course that doesn't help you today.

Without running the Transaction again you could however leverage the /Illuminator/StyleSheets/GenericSortFilter.xsl transform and enable QueryCaching. If you map your Transaction date properties in the Param.x location and it will not know that it is time based, but you of course will lose the SD/ED buttons and VCR control buttons in the toolbar and potentially take charge of the date logic in the BLS too.

Then from the ColumnSelectionEvent if you set one of the XParamValue.x settings it will use the cached query results and just reapply the sorting xsl. (Look at the params at the top of the xsl file to see the parameter name settings needed to map into your Xacute Query template below the Transform)

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Essentially then you take a query out of time-based by using the Param.x for SD/ED. I guess this is why you have to map the DateTime separately in the iChart to get the DateTime to display correctly on the x-axis

I knew there was a way... Thankyou!

Sometimes you scare me!

P.S. Thanks for thinking of us in Nashville, but we are still waiting for Vegas Baby.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens in Vegas - stays in Vegas....

Sorry to 'scare you' - you expected a 'complex answer', and since you guys have been old-school InlineTransform pros with IP21 I knew you could handle it