cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

Can anybody tell me the difference Between Remote client copy and Client Export /import copy.

when working in Real time which Client copy do you prefer and why ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A remote client copy is copying the client across diferent systems. It needs a dedicated RFC from one system/client to another. This is done in txn SCC9.

A client transport is a two-step approach:

1. A client is exported from the source in a number of transport requests depending on the client copy profile you choose. You can do this in txn SCC8.

2. The client is then imported into the target system- by importing the change requests via STMS. Followed by pos-processing in txn SCC7.

Now, the type of method you would choose - will depend on the following considerations:

1. If you want to replicate and keep the client information for ever,so that you can create a new client whenever you want - use the client transport, as beacause you can keep the change requests forever and create a client wherever you feel.

2. Client transport usually takes less time and hits the performance less compared to remote client copy.

3. As far as the users in source and target clients are concerned during remote client copy it is recommended that users shouldn't work in both target and source.However, using the client transport, it can be split across the two client during the export and then the import.

4. Remote client copy needs a dedicated RFC connection between the two systems/client. However, client transport doesnt need it.

For further details and recommendations please have a look at the SAP Notes - 557132, 24853, 89188 and 70547.

Regards, Dibya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hallo Jazz,

ya here is difference in source & destination patch level .

so plz tell me what is solution for this.

reply me earliest.

Thanking you,

Jyotsna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I am trying to copy client using T-code SCC9 for test run , but i can't copy this successfully .

latar I checked t-code scc3 then I got following msg in log containing tables list.

for e.g. -

1. table AUAA is copied with cluster AABLG , not explicitly

2. table AUAB is copied with cluster AABLG , not explicitly

3. table AUAO is copied with cluster AABLG , not explicitly.

I didn't got this msg.

plz reply me earliest.

Thanking You,

Jyotsna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the source and destination systems of the same patch level?

please note that this thread is already marked as "Answered"..

Regards,

Jazz

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Client copy

Check the below link it will give you Purpose and types of client copy's

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Real time there would be many factors for selecting type of client copy, all depends on the business.

Regards,

S.Manu.