Client copy difference
Can anybody tell me the difference Between Remote client copy and Client Export /import copy.
when working in Real time which Client copy do you prefer and why ?
A remote client copy is copying the client across diferent systems. It needs a dedicated RFC from one system/client to another. This is done in txn SCC9.
A client transport is a two-step approach:
1. A client is exported from the source in a number of transport requests depending on the client copy profile you choose. You can do this in txn SCC8.
2. The client is then imported into the target system- by importing the change requests via STMS. Followed by pos-processing in txn SCC7.
Now, the type of method you would choose - will depend on the following considerations:
1. If you want to replicate and keep the client information for ever,so that you can create a new client whenever you want - use the client transport, as beacause you can keep the change requests forever and create a client wherever you feel.
2. Client transport usually takes less time and hits the performance less compared to remote client copy.
3. As far as the users in source and target clients are concerned during remote client copy it is recommended that users shouldn't work in both target and source.However, using the client transport, it can be split across the two client during the export and then the import.
4. Remote client copy needs a dedicated RFC connection between the two systems/client. However, client transport doesnt need it.
For further details and recommendations please have a look at the SAP Notes - 557132, 24853, 89188 and 70547.