cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@prompt error in universe filter in r3

Former Member
0 Kudos

all - sorry i am still new to bo. i have create a simple universe filter with the following code:

column1 In @prompt('Enter value(s) for col1:','N','Folder 1\col1',Multi,Free,Persistent,,User:0)

the prompt code comes directly from webi when i hand built the filter there. when i parse, i get unv0023 error parsing default values parameter and when i run i get an invalid parameter definition.

can you have a @prompt in an universe filter?

i'm running r3 with 1.6 java.

thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, sure you can do it in the pre-defined filter at the universe level.

where you have the error,, at the universe or the Webi ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i get the error in both places. i try to parse in the universe and it errors. i can still save and export. i found a message that the universe will sometimes error during the parse, but will work in webi. when i run the report with the filter, i get the other error concerning the prompt.

thanks....

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

now i think i knew the error

you missed something with your prompt

comlum In @prompt('Country ID:','N','Countries\Country ID',Multi,Free,Persistent,{},User:0)

the

{}

in the 2nd variable from the end,,, before USer:0

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok....one problem down. the {} allowed me to parse the code correctly in the filter in the universe.

at the report, however, i still get an error: invalid parameter definition.

you've been a huge help. any other ideas? do you need more detail?

thanks....

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you get this at the Webi?

check the code very good,

its working fine with me here, the same steps i told you.

column1 In @prompt('Enter value(s) for col1:','N','Folder 1\col1',Multi,Free,Persistent,{},User:0)

are you sure you saved and re exported the universe??

good luck

Amr

Edited by: Amr Salem on Sep 25, 2008 10:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Try keeping default value and default key in single quotes:

column1 In @prompt('Enter value(s) for col1:','N','Folder 1\col1',Multi,Free,Persistent,{},'User':'0')

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanjay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

For your information the prompt syntax between universes and Web Intelligence is a little bit different (see Designer Guide).

For instance the sample you copied from WeBI would look like thois in the universe: @prompt('Enter value(s) for col1:','N','Folder 1\col1',Multi,Free,Persistent)

Regards,

Didier