cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTRL+Right Click doesn't do the magic for ESS Open Enrollment iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

To experts out there:

I've been using CTRL+right click to modify 'Family member/dependents' iView UI elements with desirable results. The changes made in various screen successfully recorded as global personalization object in iView object list, and therefore all users could see the changes made without NWDI.

HOWEVER, for 'Benefits Enrollment' change, I have luck only for first screen (change/hide tex). The changes made to subsequence screen ie select plans, select dependents, confirmation screen, no longer showed/created as global personalization object in iView.

I've both content administration as well as system administration roles in portal while making these changes.

Did anyone of you encountered the same issue whereby the personalization objects quit added/created to iView object list for 'Enrollment' transaction ?

Could anyone of you please advise?

rgds,

Suat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When you CTRL+Right click and make the changes, make sure you've selected the "Final" option for each view.

Also, the personalizations are specific to each iview and have to be made at all the steps of the application.

I have had success doing this in many other applications without any problem.

Please revert if this doesn't work and I will check the same app in my case also.

Cheers,

Salome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salome,

Thank you for taking time to read my question and provide pointers

The earlier modifications already have 'Final' checked ON. I 'Reset all' and re-do the change with 'Final' checked, unfortunately the iview 'object' list still doesn't carry the global personalization objects. The changes registered only apply for 1st screen componentimplementation = com.sap.xss.ser.xssmenu.vc.area.VcXssMenuArea

By the way, I configured infotype 0378 adjustment reason for 'open enrollment' and suppress all 'anytime' plans at the R/3 backend. So during 10-day open enrollment period, only 1 option is offered on the screen. Does it sound confusing to you? All these changes including text change are reflected/captured correctly in iView 1st screen global personalization object.

I tried to make very simple text 'hidden' change in 2nd to 4th screen, which the disclaimer text begins with '*This column contains estimated contrigutions, based on your salary. Therefore, ....'.

Could you please simulate the same iView change in your test portal and let me know whether you've same issue as I do?

Thanks a bunch! ^ ^

rgds,

Suat