Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZCharacterisitic - not populating values

0 Kudos

Dear Eugene / Dan,

Pls refer to my earlier thread -

[]

I gave the requirement as follows to my BI resource:

During the data load - if the 0GL_ACCOUNT is a reconciliation account (i.e. has the 0ACCT_TYPE as K) the relevant vendor numbers must me populated in the Z characteristic from the ODS 0FIAP_O03.

It was found later, after the initial test load that the logic does not work. It is only picking one vendor record for the reconciliation account.

I understood later from the BI developer that there needs to be an unique set of data for retrieval purpose.

Just giving the above logic of account type for a GL account - does not work to retrieve multiple vendor numbers for a reconciliation GL account.

Do you have any ideas on how to achieve this extraction of vendor numbers for a reconciliation GL during the data load?

Many Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is necessary to have the detailed transaction in the source infocube.

The source ECC tables for this infocube must therefore include BSEG and or BSAK for such information. I suspect that this could create performance issues if the volume of data is great. It may also ne necessary to create or use a structure combining tables BKPF with BSEG or BSAK so the relevant period data is provided. I am not technical enough to know if such a structure exist and of so it is typically used for such extractions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I'd say that there is not enough information to judge.

There two (or more?) possible culprits: logic and its implementation. We do know nothing about the latter.

If you would describe it as more detailed as possible, it could expedite the solution.

0 Kudos

Pls find the details:

Logic u2013

Map the zchar to 0GL_Account

During the data load, if the 0GL_Account is a reconciliation account the relevant vendor numbers must be populated in the Z characteristic from the ODS u2013 0FIAP_O03.

Implementation u2013 written the code in the following way

When the data is loading into staging cube it checks the 0GL_ACCOUNT in the staging cube and the 0GL_ACCOUNT in the ODS - 0FIAP_O03. If both the GL accounts match than it fetches the vendor into the zchar.

(0GL_Account that exists in the ODS ( for FIAP) is the reconciliation account & will be having diff vendors tagged to it)

Issue u2013

When we execute the code only first selected vendor is retrieved. Rest of the vendors are not retrieved. This is because we do not have unique key combinations for fetching the remaining vendors.

So, we need a combination, which could help in fetching all the vendors when the GL account is a reconciliation account for vendors

Request your inputs in achieving this.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about the unique combination:

- Invoice year

- Invoice number

- Invoice item (maybe)

?

Those chars are located in both, the ODS and the cube.

0 Kudos

Dear Eugene,

Do you mean, if i supplement the above characteristics in my logic, i can achieve the extraction?

If yes, Can you please elaborate on how to use the above characteristics?

If no, pls explain a bit further.

Re: "Those chars are located in both, the ODS and the cube".

What cube, you are referring to?

Many Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a cube from the link you provided: 0FIAP_C03.

You yourself were talking about an unique combination of chars that would allow you to pickup the proper vendor from the ODS, right? So, you may use a combination I mentioned (that should come in your incoming data) and select the vendor.