cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile sales application modifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Mobile Sales and have a requirement to modify the mobile client application.

I did a bit surfing for the procedure that needs to be followed to incorporate the changes. Please find my understanding below and correct me if anything is wrong or if i missed anything.

1. Launch Mobile Application Studio in Mobile Development Workbench.

2. Open MAS project at "C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\Bin.Net\MASProject\MASProject\MASProject.mtproj"

3. Log in to Mobile Repository server with the appropriate log in credentials.

4. Create a new changelist to include the modifications in that change list.

5. Provide the required Generator settings (I mentioned WBIT as the Industry template and Mobile Sales as UI application)

6. Generate the code by using menu path Build - > Generate All

7. Once the generation is successful, go ahead with the changes to the application.

Thanks for all the help and answers will be awarded.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is all ok what you mentioned above.

But I have some more points:

- first of all you have to check the corresponding collection note to apply all binary fixes for the repository server, Dev. environment and MSA clients

- before changing standard or creating own objects you need to define your customer name space (Y or Z) to be able to create new objects; also you need to define an own branch name

- before starting a full generation you should synchronize the BDoc definitions from CRM (somewhere in the menue)

- directly after the new installation you should do a full generation

- after doing some changes it is enough to generate the changes (in the current changelist)

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfhard,

Appreciate your quick reply.

I have couple of queries, please clarify.

1. I need to modify the standard mobile sales application. Can I do the modifications in the standard MAS project (at "C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\Bin.Net\MASProject\MASProject\MASProject.mtproj") and save the changes to this? Or do I need to create a new project of type SAP Mobile solutions and perform the changes in this new project? Please clarify.

2. How can I do a full generation after a fresh installation of MDW component?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

To generate the complete application for the first time do the following -

1.Open the MS Visual Studio .NET IDE.Click on "New" project

2.Select "SAP Mobile Solutions" from the project types and "Laptop application" from the template.

3.Give the name of the project and also the path where you want to save the project file.

4.It will ask for the DSN where application repository is there and also the user id and pwd.

5.After logging into the MAS, goto Build-> generator settings.For business logic tab select prj as sfabol, industry template WBIT.If prj drop down is empty, then click on new to add one.

6.In User Interface tab, click on new prj and give prj name MSA and map it to UI application MobileSales.

7.Before starting the application generation goto Tools -> BDoc sync and do "complete BDoc sysnc".

Then goto Build-> generate all.This will generate the complete application.

Build the solution once generation is finished.

Cheers

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

Ideally all changes have to be done via MAS only. But if it for "TEST" purposes and only involves code changes in the existing code then you can open the project file directly(namely sfabol.vbprj or MSA.vbprj) and do the changes and then build it and test it in your application.(this applies generally for some business logic)

But if it involved adding new controls etc then it has to be done via MAS. First make sure a namespace is reserved(Y or Z) and then create a changelist with Y or Z

(connecting to your ARS database) and then start making the changes.

Once changes are made,check the generation settings.on the "BusinessLogic" tab you can choose "WBIT" as template and on the User Interface tab you can create a new project and name it. Also have the runtime file name(Runtime File Name box) same as the new project name. Choose the appropriate application that you want.

Once the changes are made do a full generation.

Abishek