cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Painter, UI API and Integration into SBO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to UI API... i'd like some help and information to hopefully guide me on the right path as i'm at a bit of a loss on this. So, from what i managed to dig up the Screen Painter and UI API seem to be there so as to integrate applications inside of SBO with the same look and feel as SBO. am i correct on this?

Now, if i am, what exactly is the difference between one and the other (or do you have to use one with the other?)

I'm also a bit confused on how i have to actually deploy my applications into SBO. i did manage to fire up the code from VS and get windows pop up in SBO but i'm not sure how i'd go on about with putting those into SBO.

any hints, links to documents (i couldn't really find any to answer my questions) and tutorials would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Matthew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Matthew,

The UI API allows you to interact through code with the SAP Business One user interface. The Screen Painter is a tool that allows you to create "Business One" looking forms to use in your code using a graphical tool set as opposed to hand coding your forms, controls etc. for use in the Business One UI.

Since you are new to SAP Business One, I suggest that you look at the SDK eLearning here on SDN at this link ...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/businessone?rid=/webcontent/uuid/0039e82a-fcd7-2a10-c380-b17f1e02b54...

... specifically at the UI API link at the top. You should also review the SAP Business One SDK Help Documentation that gets installed with the SDK and specifically look at the DI and UI API sections as well as the Packaging and Deployment areas.

Hope that helps,

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks. that's the answer i was looking for

Answers (0)