cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank statement balances is not clearde automatically through BDC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are using Manual BRS in our client. For this Our client has requested to update the statement automatically.

For this we did a BDC progrm to update the statement. BDC program working fine. Because subledger account and main account gets updated.

But subledger account balances is not getting clear autamatiaclly.

Ex: when we pass the check to the vendos by using f-53, systom will generate the accounting entry is....

Vendor account Dr

To Check issued accout.

If check has been clear by bank, systom automaticallu pass the entry........

Check issued account Dr (ff67 or BDC)

To Main bank account.

But while updating the statement through BDC, Systom is upadteing the amounts but those balances is not cleared.

If it is cleared by subledger, we can easyly find out unrecosiled item by subledger account wise.

Please give me possible sollution.

Regards,

Dudekula.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the following solution for clearing Subledger documents.

The screen fields for FF67 i.e. Manual BRS is controlled by IMG setting :

Financial Accounting-> Bank Accounting->Business Transactions-> Payment Transactions->Manual Bank Statements-> Define Variants for Manual Bank Statement

Here you can add various fields to your BRS screen such as : - Document Number, Customer Number, Customer Matchcode, Collective Invoice, Bank Reference etc.

You will have to analyse you subledger postings to see which of these fields can be used by you for clearing the payment in BRS. i.e. this value should be both on original Customer payment and on Bank Statement.

If you modify BDC to include any of these fields and upload value for the same, the Subledger Posting will be cleared on a match.

Maybe you can try this out first by changiing the Manual Statement Variant and running FF67 first, before changing your BDC.

The client i work for uses the Bank Reference field or the Document Number field for Manual BRS and it works to clear sub ledger postings.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Thank you for suggested answer. How will i identified those feilds. Because in BRS we are using feils,( VGMAN,KWBTR,VALUT,CHECT_KF). But incustomer payment or vendor payment, we are using the the reference feild for customer and vendor.

Where is the actual logic for clearing ?

My client wants clearing symbols replace with open symbol after excuting the BRS statement. Kindly explain the following...... sentence.

(You will have to analyse you subledger postings to see which of these fields can be used by you for clearing the payment in BRS. i.e. this value should be both on original Customer payment and on Bank Statement.)

Regards,

Bramhiaah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bramhiaah,

You could add the Intepretation Algorithm .i.e rule for clearing in IMG in the same T-code that you create Manual Statement transactions.

Bank Accounting-> Payment Transactions->Manual bank Statement -> Create/ Assign Business Transactions

Select the Int Algrthm that you want to use for each transaction.

In FF67 the same CHECT_KF field can be used to match different fields on the customer document. example the Bank Reference field or CHECT_KF field can match with check number on the customer document or with the Payorder number depending on the Int Algorthm used for that transaction.

Please refer to the following link from SAP help site. This gives details of how the Int Algorthm works. Although this documentation is in reference to Electronic Statements, it will help you analyse which Int Algo and how to use it for manual Bank statement. The Int alogrhtms are the same for Electronic as well as manual. The reference field XBLNR is used in several algorthms eg: 001, 021, 026 etc. You can read the documentation and find out the one most suitable.

On the following link, on the left pane, click on ' Electronic Account Statement (FI-BL)->Using Electronic account statement-> Importing the account statement->Interpreting the Note to payee fields->Interpretation algorithms '

Link:[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/43/0bd87b43de11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Please let me try..........

And i have small doubt on clearing process.

How can i found the cleared items and uncleared items in BRS.

PLease clarify my doubts.

Regards,

Bramha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma..............

Thank you for suggested answer.......

I have solved the problem with your suggation....

I have activated the refernce feild in Check Variant. and maintain the new document typr for reconsilation..

systom isworking fine...........

Very......thanks

Please keep in toch with me.

Regards,

Bramhaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to hear that your problem is solved.

I would like to know which Int Algorthm you used and how. Also did you have to change the BDC? or did changing the BRS variant and adding Int algorthm do the trick?

Thanks

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

I did not maintain any algaritham. because i have activated refernce feild in Bank Variant (ot43). and i have maintain the document type for reconsilation account (ZR).

My problem solved.

Regards,

Bramha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Is there any feild for profit center in Bank variant (ot43)

Regards

Bramha

former_member348872
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This clearing doesnt happen automatically.

However In case of Electronic Bank statement this is possible by use of Int Algorthm. Other wise only entries happen at the time EBS posting. Iam not sure if you have a provision to that affect in your BDC program. In case clearing is not happening automatically, Clearing can be done as periodic processing through Automatic clearing program = F.13.