Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction iView and Hover Menu issue CSS, html, transction iview, sap EP

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have implemented a Hover Menu .. in SAP Enterprise Portal and I have few links in the Detailed Navigation for Transaction iViews to be shown in the portal. My Issue is , if I show the Transaction iView, the menu sub-items are going behind the iViews. Could any one give me any solution for displaying the Hover Menu on top of the Transaction iView, is that possible?

I tried z-index = 1 in CSS and bring-to-front options in CSS but all are in vain.

I want to attaching the image here but I could not. Hope you can understand the issue.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191660
Participant
0 Kudos

Insert a component "HTML view" into your VC application.

This component doesn't need to be connected to your Application Workflow.

Set "Visibility Condition" of the HTML component to "false", so it will not displayed for the users.

Now VC will generate source which has the Parameter "wmode" set to "transparent".

Cheers,

Sergei

PS: Thanks for the Points if you think the post is worth it

Edited by: Dr. Sergei Haller on Apr 28, 2009 3:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

Thanks for the fix mate. It helped out a customer of mine.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has someone found a solution for this. We tried all the options. But still the menu is appearing behind the transactional Win GUI iview. If anyone has a solution, I will open a new thread and award points

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit.

You have to wrap your hover menu in IFrame container. This is a single worked solution for IE.

Best regards,

Aliaksandr Zhukau

Former Member
0 Kudos

If put inside iFrame the menu comes inside the iFrame. The height will depend on the submenu that comes. More area will be lost due to this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

You may set the height dynamically by javascript.

Best regards,

Aliaksandr Zhukau

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I meant is, I want to have only one line for the first level menu. Once you bring the mouse over it, it should expand the second level which should come above the content below. If I have an iframe for the menu, the iframe height will be the second level menu height and a lot of space will be lost due to this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The tick is to wrap only second level navigation in iframe and show it on mouse over event. This requires a javascript coding.

Best regards,

Aliaksandr Zhukau

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran.

I face the same problem as you.

I guess you use Internet Explorer, so the root of this problem is an IE/Win proprietary concept "Layout" that determines how elements draw and bound their content, interact with and relate to other elements, and react on and transmit application/user events. You can read more about in the article [On having layout|http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html].

I tried all known fixes for IE, but IE still shows the same bug again and again, probably because portal pages are rendered in Quirks Mode.

So my solution: If you want to use Hover Menu, browse your portal by Mozilla Firefox or wait for IE 8 and the corresponding support from SAP for IE 8 in portal.

Best regards,

Aliaksandr.

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I could not resolve this for Transaction iView. But for VC iview it is resolved.

My problem is resolved, as I told in one of my replies,

the VC iView will generate a flash output.

if you open the source of the iView you casee <Embed> <Object> tags

place, the below line in between <Object> tags

<Object .........>

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<Embed>

</Embed>

</Object>

the wmode, transparent property will make Flash page as go beyond the HTML, this makes the hover menu appear on top.

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Friends,

>

> I could not resolve this for Transaction iView. But for VC iview it is resolved.

>

> My problem is resolved, as I told in one of my replies,

>

> the VC iView will generate a flash output.

>

> if you open the source of the iView you casee <Embed> <Object> tags

>

> place, the below line in between <Object> tags

>

>

> <Object .........>

>

> <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

>

>

> <Embed>

> </Embed>

>

> </Object>

>

>

> the wmode, transparent property will make Flash page as go beyond the HTML, this makes the hover menu appear on top.

Hi,

Unfortunately, doing so for all VC iViews and each time an iView is generated would require a tremendous effort...

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran jakkaraju,

I get the same problem with iView transactions and Flex. Ive been searching this problem but no one has given me any striaght answer. I read about the IFrames, but this IFrames have to built automatically for the menus and i do not know how to do it. If I find any helpful answer I will let you know..... Please experts, help us

David Corté

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Put the line of code

<iframe></iframe>

before generating second level menu. This will bring menu on top of other iviews. So the result will look like:

<%-- again go through all the nodes in level 2. To make sure the menu is on top of select box, add iframe --%>
            <iframe></iframe>
            <nav:iterateNavNodeChildren>
       <%-- id l1 is written for second level hover and to set its css properties --%>
                <li class='Level2' id='l1'><nav:navNodeAnchor navigationMethod="byURL" /></li>

Hope it help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check out these links on the same -

Regards

Lekha

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Lekha, thank you for your links, but you have not answered my question..

I have implemented a Hover menu in similar manner. My problem is if I open a Transaction iView in the Portal, the menu getting hidden behind the iView. What is the solution to make that menu-on-top (menu items)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Can you tell what type of Transaction iView you are using?

is it SAP GUI for HTML or SAP GUI for Windows?

If Using SAP GUI for HTML then go to T.Code SICF and search for WEBGUI or navigate to /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui double click on the webgui and it opens a new screen in that click on GUI Configuration and make sure you have these parameters

~WEBTRANSACTIONTYPE EWT

~WEBGUI_SIMPLE_TOOLBAR 32

and in SE93 make sure you enabled all the 3 check boxes for GUI Support

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Promod,

I am using SAP GUI for windows for SAP Transaction iViews for showing SAP GUI with Transaction code like smen.

I will try your suggestions.

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

What should we do if it isa SAP GUI for Windows?

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In case of SAP GUI for Windows you don't have to worry it will show the same screen as in SAP GUI

You need to make sure that SAP GUI is installed on the system.

I mean you are using SAP GUI for Windows for the iView and testing the application with a user who don't have the SAP GUI installed in his system then it will not work.

when using SAP Transaction iView it is better to use SAP GUI for Windows rather than HTML since HTML have lot of limitations.

The way it works is it generates the HTML everytime u run the t.iView in Portal.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

award points if helpful

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am already showing the Transaction iViews in the Portal with SAP Gui for Windows -- no problem at all.

My problem is , when the Transaction iViews are clicked, the SAP GUI is coming up embidded in the portal browser. When that is visible, the Menu - a Hover Menu is going behind the SAP GUI, which I need to make to get visible on the SAP GUI.

How can I show hover menu items make Bring to the front option ,should I change the transaction iview properties? or CSS need to be changed?

Thanks in advance

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually my Transaction iView with SAP GUI is hiding my Hover Menu.

Also, the iview using Visual Composure's model created is hiding my Hover Menu.

Any solution???

As I read, people asked me to,

1. add this for Hover menu Z-index = 1000

2. add this to SWF embidded objects in HTML but I can not add this to Transaction iView or VC iview.

wmode="transparent" worked?

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you ever resolve this issue, i have the same problem - and would really like to get a hint if you figured it out !?

Thanks