cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Development Set up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I am new in deveopment Web Dynpro applications, I just installed jdk-1_5_0_15-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe and SAP Netweaver Development Studio 2.0.9.

What else I need to have installed and the steps to have a local environment set up in my local computer in order to do not rely on the network and develop my I views and browse them in my local computer.

Thank you very much, your help is very appreciated.

Armando

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You have the development environment ready by installing SAP Netweaver Development Studio but for developing Web Dynpro applications you should always make sure that the NWDS version is compatible with your server version so that all codes that are generated by your NWDS can work fine on server.

Ofcourse you can also install a portal server locally to test the applications locally.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you very much for your answer, I mean that I have installed j2sdk1.4.2_09 and also Netweaver development Studio version: 2.0.9.

I wanted to know what else I need to have installed in my local computer to develop and deploy WebDyn Pro applications in my local environment.

Thank in advance,

Armando

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have NWDS installed then it is enough to develop webdynpro. So start developing by changing to Webdynpro perspective in your NWDS.

To deploy the developed Webdynpro you ofcourse need a server.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Praveen

As you say I need the Server to deploy and run the applications, I think that it is what I need, where I can download it from and it is enough with that?

Once I try to deploy my example the following error shows up

ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

Do you have an Idea if I have to install anything?

Thanks for your help

Armando

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have given the J2EE Details.

In the NWDS go to Window>Preferences>SAP J2EE Engine.

Check whether u have given the host name of server and message server port. Default message port is 3601.

So if you still did not have a server ready for your development, then you cannot configure the above and thus cannot deploy.

Deploy your webdynpro applications and provide your SDM password each first time you open your Studio and then run your applications.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armando,

I believe you need to install Developer Workplace.

Go through here:

Downloads -> Installations and Upgrade -> Entry by Application Group -> Sap Netweaver -> Sap Netweaver -> Sap Netweaver 2004s -> Installation and Upgrade -> Windows Server -> Sap DB

And you need to download the following:

51031694_1 NW 2004s SR[NUM] Developer Workplace - DEVELOPER STUDIO

51031694_2 NW 2004s SR[NUM] Developer Workplace - SAPINST

51031694_3 NW 2004s SR[NUM] Developer Workplace - J2EE OSINDEP

51031694_4 NW 2004s SR[NUM] Developer Workplace - JAVA EXPORT EP USAGE

51031778_3 NW 2004s SR[NUM] Kernel 7.00 Windows Server on IA32 32bit

51031778_11 NW 2004s SR[NUM] UC-Kernel 7.00 Windows Server on IA32 32bit

51031711_10 MaxDB RDBMS 7.6.00 Build 18 - Windows Server on IA32 32bit

Be mindful that all components should be on the same SRLevel - 1, 2, or 3.

with this, you will have a local j2ee engine installed. you just have to change the j2ee engine properties in the NWDS preferences.

Hope that helps.

-Jan

Edited by: Jan Michael Jaudian on Sep 26, 2008 10:36 AM

Answers (0)