Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number management issue -reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

our requirement is like this .

1.We produce a finished product X at plant A using serial number profile .(131 movement for production

posting and 311 movement for warehouse booking at plant A )

2. We then do delivery to plant B through 601 movement .

3. using 101 movement we do GRn for the part number at plant B

4. then we produce Y at plant B using X produced at plant A which is received at plant B

5. we maintain BOM for Y with X as child component

6. we have changed serial number profile of X at plant B to a dummy profile such taht it will not ask serial

numbers while getting backflushed for the production of Y at plant B .

7. Since we are not doing GRN using serial number (as dummy serial number profile assigned to X at plant

B ), we are not able to analyse the exact stock at the storage location at plant B . we would like to see i

n MMBE stock of X at plant B where in it will show only the quantity which is not yet consumed for

production of Y .

8. when we try doing GRN with serial numbers then we are able to see the status change during GRN for the serial numbers of X by that status change we could be able to get the quantity available for consumption instead of all the quantity received from plant A .

9. But in this case backflushing of X at plant B is not happening as it is going for MF47 errors which could not be cleared as it is asking for serial numbers

10. when GRN with serial numbers works backflushing is not working , when backflushing works we could not do exact stock analysis which is important .

11. with what values we have to customise the serial number profile which we assigned to the part number X at plant B .

12. our requirement is serial number should be asked while doing 101 movement and for backflushing 261 movement it should not ask for serial numbers

13. how to customize serial number profile such that the above two are addressed

please provide valuable inputs

regards,

madhu kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

analysed

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The serial numbers can be included for any inventory transaction.

Dear,

If you activate serial numbers for any material i.e If a serial number profile is filled in storage view of material master, system will prompt for serial number for for that material for any goods posting irrrespective of REM or discrete

For REM when you perform the Goods Receipt you would be entering the serial number.

The serial number profile defined should have the procedure PPSF (for REM). Also in OIS2 tick the check box internal Reqmt.

I hope this link will help u.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LOMDSN/LOMDSN.pdf

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge :

Serial number management is not possible with backflushing.

You have specified that the material is to be backflushed. You have also defined a serial number profile, meaning that serial numbers have to be used with goods movements. However, it is not possible to specify serial numbers in conjunction with backflushing.

So you need to choose either Backflush or Serial Number for smooth functioning of Goods Movements.

Experts : Correct me if I am wrong!!!!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tejas