cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message processing failed in XML parser

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is IDoc to file integration. When I test (WE19), I did not put any value in the 'Quantity' field (which is 6 characters long).In the message mapping I put a condition to see if the value is empty then put zero, and it did not give any error. I have given all the fixed field lengths in the file adapter but still getting the following error:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Column value 'TABLERO DE CONTROL' too long (>6 for 2. column) - must stop', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)': java.lang.Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Column value 'TABLERO DE CONTROL' too long (>6 for 2. column) - must stop', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know: did you do a test in message mapping and result ok, and when you send exactly the same xml, it gives you that error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did do a test in message mapping and result ok, and when I send exactly the same xml, it gives me that error.

Edited by: Adnan Alam on Sep 25, 2008 5:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the interface giving any response to that idoc? (I mean sending other idoc to reply if it was ok, in a syncronius case)

If mapping test was ok, it isnt any problem in there. Im thinking more in a funcional error than in a tecnical error.

The column value "tablero de control" is in the outbound xml?

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you check the iteration of quantity field (tablero de control) and its header segment iteration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I enter value in the 'Quantity' field, the integration works fine. The value 'tablero de control' is the 'Description' which is the next field. My Content Conversion is like;

Field1, Field2, Quantity, Description

(where Field1 and Field2 are mandatory and Quantity and Description are optional)

When I provide all 4 values, the integration work just fine, when I do not provide 'Quantity' it fails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

after if statement use mapwithdefault function(double click on this and give a space)

i think when you are not passing any value in quantity the description data is moving into quantity value and the length is making problem....

Edited by: Chirumamilla Sukarna on Sep 25, 2008 5:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is I am useing Altova MapForce for XSL mapping, not PI Message Mappings. Do you know the equivalent of mapwithdefault function?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no adnan...but i think u shd check if filed doesn't exists then send a space...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, I will look into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

pick the complete idoc payload from MONI and test it in MM....if it works then problem will be there in FCC content conversion...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Check if you have given the length for the field TABLERO DE CONTROL in your Date Type .

Kind Regards

Krishna