Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify the parameter attributes of BOR method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have copied standard BOR object BUS2017 to ZBUS2017 and added a new method. This was done in 4.6C. Now we have upgraded the system from 4.6C to ECC 6.0. We got requirement to change one of the field structure of BAPI to another structure. When we did the change in Function Module ( BAPI ) it is activated but giving a syntax warning message like "the parameter has difference structure". For this we need to change the BOR method parameter definition to refer the same structure. But in ECC 6.0 the system is not allowing me to change the modification of the reference structure. This field is in display mode even if I go to change mode. May be this is the issue with the version. This may be since I am changing a method parameter definition which was done in 4.6C

Please advise me how to modify the method parameter to refer to new structure.

Regards,

Yellappa.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your modification assistant on? Sometimes that can make it hard to insert parameters.

0 Kudos

Modification assistant is on in my system. I came to know from SAP help that we need to make the older version as obsolete and create the new version. Based on this statement I understood that we can't change older version parameter definitions in the later version. May be because of this reason it is displaying the field in display mode eventhough i am in change mode.

Regards,

Yellappa