Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading document part list (BOM)

wolfgang_brunneder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am using FM 'CSAP_DOC_BOM_CREATE' to create a document part list (BOM), which works fine. But i have difficulties to read the Doc-BOM (using FM 'CSAP_DOC_BOM_READ' or 'CS_BOM_EXPL_DOC_V1'):

-> the result-tables t_stpo (FM 'CSAP_DOC_BOM_READ' ) and stb (FM 'CS_BOM_EXPL_DOC_V1') do not contain the complete document number (type doknr), which means that e.g. leading 0 are missing. The DB-table STPO also not contains the complete document number! I need the complete document number to read further document details from draw.

Does somebody have any advice? Thank you in advance!

greetings

Wolfgang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's only a matter of missing leading zeroes, i'd suggest you add them yourself.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's only a matter of missing leading zeroes, i'd suggest you add them yourself.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply!

This was also my first idea, but unfortunately not all document numbers are numeric, so this workaround is not possible!

greetings

Wolfgang

0 Kudos

There's a function module that takes care of that. Just search for it in SE37 (something like CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA... ).

edit: CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT

Edited by: Maen Anachronos on Sep 25, 2008 4:46 PM

0 Kudos

I tried FM 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT' which works fine! Now I'm able to read document data from DRAW.

Thank you for your help!