Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role profiles naming convention

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

does anybody knows what is the naming convention SAP uses for profiles. I mean when generating profile for a role from the profile generator, it generates something like: T-D1060231

I`ll be most grateful if somebody clarifies what this means and what is the logic behind it.

Thanx in advance!

Regards,

Iliya

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> does anybody knows what is the naming convention SAP uses for profiles. I mean when generating profile for a role from the profile generator, it generates something like: T-D1060231

> I`ll be most grateful if somebody clarifies what this means and what is the logic behind it.

As far as I know:

T is to show you the fact it is created by you, not by SAP

D is the first letter of the SID on which the profile was created

The rest is merely a counter.

0 Kudos

To add little more

T-D1060231

T is to show you the fact it is created by you, not by SAP

D is the first letter of the SID on which the profile was created

There are some profiles created by SAP that begin with 'T' but the difference is that the second character is an _ (underscore) for those created by SAP and - (hyphen) for those created by end-user. And 'T' always stands for a 'Generated' profile.

The 3rd and 4th characters are the First and last characters for the SID. In you case your SID(System ID) can be something like DA1 or DZ1 etc.

And

The rest is merely a counter.

AB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at the thread and the information in the [SAP Note 571276|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/571276] mentioned there.

Basically, it is a SID attribute with an additionally configurable client attribute via the number range, if you have multiple role development clients in the same source SID.

> (it is possible to have more than 50000 roles for each client, but this is completely impractical).

Sounds like something Bernhard might have said... )

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers!!!