cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI On Windows Server 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed Crystal Reports XI, Developer Edition on a Windows Server 2003, Service Pack 1.

I'm accessing Crystal Reports using ASP Classic and it all seems to work fine.

On a client's server, however, the code doesn't work. I get:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'

ActiveX component can't create object

/Customer/reports/AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp, line 15

Line 15 being:

Set session("oApp") = Server.CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application.11")

The client's server is also Windows Server 2003 but has Service Pack 2 on it and it seems to be the 64 bit version which we don't have.

Anyone know if this could be the problem? Or any other ideas what might be going wrong? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Richard;

The error generally indicates that the RDC engine, CRAXDRT.DLL cannot be found. Is Crystal Reports XI installed on the server?

Crystal Reports XI will not run under 64 bit IIS, so they may have to look at the following:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/13f991a5-45eb-496c-8618-2...

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. Crystal XI is installed and the CRAXDRT.DLL is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\bin

(this is where Crystal installed it to).

I did try the command suggested in that Microsoft link:

cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 u201Ctrueu201D

but that made all hell break loose after I restarted IIS! Got all kinds of errors in event viewer and the website wouldn't work at all. Maybe I need to do the above and then change other things to make the website work.

0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Bottom line is we don't support 64 bit applications with 32 bit Crystal. Only option you have now is to run everything in 32 bit mode. The RDC is 32 bit only, there is no 64 bit version of and never will be due to it being deprecated and no longer shipped as of CR 2008.

Thank you

Don