Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Can you run CRXIR1 and CRXIR2 on the same machine?

I have CR XI R1 Developer edition installed on a workstation which I use to maintain imbedded reports in a large system written in VC++ V6, as well as several newer applications written in VB2003. The IT department issued me a new machine on which is installed VB2005. Now I receive errors in my VB applications when using the ExportToDisk function.

I understand that I need to upgrade to CR XI R2 to be compatible with VB2005. How will that affect my older code written in VC++ V6?

replied

Well, you don't really need CR XI r2 to be compatible with .NET 2005 as .NET 2005 ships with CR 10.2. Now, if you want to be at CR XI with the COM apps (VB and C++) as well as .NET 2005, then you do need CR XI r2. (CR XI does not have assemblies for the 2.0 framework)

Personally, I would not recommend CR XI r1 and CR XI r2 on the same computer. Theoretically this should be OK, but from experience, I find that occasionally CR XI r1 and CR XI r2 just don't like to play together...

I'm not sure where you want to go with this now; resolve the export error, then move on, or?

Ludek

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question