cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I List Report Data Sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently migrated from CE 9 to BOS XIR3.0 and i need to know which datas sources the reports i migrated are using (I thought i was using only one but it looks like there may be some more).

In CE 9 i could use the report datase source tool. Is there something similar in XI R3.0? I tried looking at the CMS Database but couldn't find any tables/fields that looked like they had the required info.

Thanks in advance Duncan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CMC, click on Connections. This lists all (db) connections used by reports in the repository.

The CMS db will, for the most part, not give any meaningful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The connections page does not seem to show any of the datasources that we know about. We use ODBC connections set up in control panel/admin tools. The only ones listed are from the default install.

Audit

club

club-webi

Converison Audit Connection

efashion

efashion webi

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The Connection page only show those used by a Semantic Layer - Universes or Business Views.

For Crystal Reports connection not using a Semantic Layer, you can user the Query Builder (http://<hostname>:<port>/AdminTools) and run a query of the form:

Select TOP 1000 SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_PROCESSINFO.SI_LOGON_INFO from CI_INFOOBJECTS Where SI_KIND='CrystalReport' and SI_INSTANCE=0 

to get a listing of the connection infos for reports.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I wants to use a shared data source connection for published crystal reports on crystal reports server 2008, so whenever the database credential change than i have to chnage information at only one place not on each puiblished report.

I know the solution is hidden in "CMC Connection" tab and Universe or Business View, but i really don't know how to use and configure them.

Please help me in this issue.

Regards,

Kamran Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. As expected there are three diferent data sources listed. I can now migrate them over to a single name.

Thanks Ted.